A Blog Can Serve You Well as a “Central Hub” for Your Online Business.
Having a blog for your business not only will build your credibility with potential clientele, but it can build your brand, generate countless leads for your business, build relationships with potential prospects, and it can generate multiple streams of income.
Let’s Break this Down!
1. A Professional Blog can Build Your Personal Brand –Your blog is your own PR machine! This is your own public relations soapbox; it will be the portal to showcase your views on specific topics in your industry which will help establish your authority in your niche… it will also show your expertise to attract your target market.
Now day’s people have a tendency to put their trust in a person rather than a corporation. When it comes time to connect with your potential prospect, your lead will know that they are dealing with a person instead of the pressure tactics usually followed with a company rep.
2. Networking with New People –Your blog is a great platform to create and build strong relationships. These relationships will help build trust for your company or brand, create loyal readers which can turn into friends and leads for your business.
With a few additions you can create a marketing funnel to offer your products or services… this marketing tool will also help sign them into your primary business.
3. Credibility –Develop Yourself as an Expert – Interacting with your readers will not only help you create those relationships, but it will help brand you as an expert in your field. You can look at it this way… would you trust the opinion of a complete stranger or one that you have built a relationship with that you would consider a friend?
Potential prospects or customers would like to know who is behind your product or service. If you have a healthy relationship with your readers, it will give your business a boost in the credibility department. It also puts a face to the name, so to speak!
4. Attract Recurring Visitors –With your blog changing frequently, people are more inclined to visit more often to see what has been added… In a nutshell, it will give the reader a reason to come back to your site! You as the blog owner have many options to grab your readers ‘reoccurring’ attention.
Depending on how your blog is set up, you can give your readers different options to receive your recently submitted blog posts… I personally like the Feedburner through Google. This allows the reader to sign up to receive my blog posts, which are sent directly to their email inbox. You can also offer the RSS feed option which will send your content to a platform of your readers choosing. You can set it up to give your reader an excerpt or the full version of your blog post.
5. Feedback for Your Business –Blogging will allow your readers to provide you will valuable feedback and insight for the product or service you provide. This will allow you to make changes you see are necessary for your target market which will help create quality and success in your business.
Try to remember that your readers came to your site for a need that had to be met, so count them as your best prospects. Consider your readers feedback with the utmost importance. Another great feature of owning a blog is that you can receive this insight from your readers within minutes of publishing your content.
Are you starting to see why you need a small business blog?
Here are 5 more reasons!
6. Traffic from the Search Engines –Providing regularly updated content will enhance your online presence. Have you ever wondered why you see blogs at the top of the search engine results pages? Search engines love frequently updated sites.
The more quality information you provide, the greater chances of increasing your blog’s presence in the Search-Engine Results Pages (SERP’s). This will send targeted traffic to your site for those searching for your product or service (placing the proper keyword phrases can many times be a large deciding factor).
7. Social Proof and Visibility for Your Business -Your blog can be your Number One marketing tool. Besides the organic (SEO) method of creating visitors, a blog comes well equipped with the unlimited ability for getting people back to your site. One of which is by adding social networking plug-ins to syndicate your content to a variety of social networking sites like Twitter, Facebook, Digg, StumbleUpon, just to name a few.
If you provide quality content, other bloggers will frequently link to your site which will help create your site as an authority, further improving your visibility and placement in the search engine results pages.
8. Ease of Use –The WordPress blog platform which is used by over 25 million people is the number 1 rated Content Management System (CMS) which is a very user-friendly and customizable platform that allows you the freedom to add or delete pages, upload documents and images yourself.
So, what exactly is a Content Management System (CMS)? – it is a way that you can update your Small Business Website (blog), whenever you have changes… no waiting on your webmaster’s schedule.
- No Scripting knowledge is needed.
- Ease of use for those that will need to maintain their website.
- No need to be Tech Sav-vy when it comes to computers.
- So simple a Cave Man can do it
Also, with the rise of mobile technology, you can add or update any one of your blog pages, or update your blog as a whole in one step. The cool thing about this is that it can be done from anywhere you have Internet access… it can be done while traveling, whether you use your laptop or your phone.
9. Press Release –Press Releases are an important step for your online business, but can cost large amounts of money. Have you ever wondered how the most popular bloggers market their product or service? They blog it!
Using your WordPress blog platform for your business is not only FREE, but it can direct targeted advertising to your most qualified prospects. Can FREE advertising to your targeted customers get any better than that?
10. Because You MUST… Why? -Because a WordPress blog is also known to be one of the greatest Networking Business Tools for any Internet Marketer to succeed! Besides it being very user friendly for the less than tech sav-vy person, it is very versatile in nature.
Tag : Tips blogging