A Quick Guide for Busy Entrepreneurs!
A Quick Guide for Busy Entrepreneurs!
In this post I’m going to show you how you can optimize your website quickly without spending a single penny.
As a business coach, I get the pleasure of working and interacting on a daily basis with a number of businesses.
One of the most common complaints I hear people say, is that they are always too busy and they never find the time to focus on activities that will move their business forward.
Building a business can be very demanding and it’s so easy to get caught up doing minor activities that don’t pay you the income you want.
Search engine optimization seems to always be one of the strategies most businesses neglect, not because it has no merits but because of the complexity and ever changing criteria’s of the major search engines.
Don’t have enough time to deal with SEO?
Lets jump on over to Grader.com and I’ll show you in 60 seconds (that’s fast) how to create a complete in depth SEO report about your website and find out what you can do to improve your search engine rankings overnight.
Yes, I did say overnight.
First things first, what is Grader.com?
Grader.com is a suite of tools that helps you measure and analyze your marketing efforts.
Grader.com belongs to the HubSpot family of products. HubSpot was founded back in 2002 by MIT students Brian Halligan & Dhamesh Shah. They developed several tools that you can use to analyze a wide variety of marketing data, including Websites, Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, Books and Press Releases. The tool we will work with today is Website Grader.
Website Grader is a free tool that measures the marketing effectiveness of a website. It provides a score that incorporates things like website traffic, SEO, social popularity and other technical factors. It also provides some basic advice on how the website can be improved from a marketing perspective.
If you haven’t already done so, please visit Grader.com and click on Website Grader. Come on, I’m waiting for you there.
From here you will enter your website url and your e-mail (If you want to receive regular updates).
So that were not overloaded with info, do not enter a competing website url.
Click generate report and let’s wait 60 seconds for the software to work its magic.
(Insert Jeopardy thinking music here)
Time’s up, what’s your score? Did you pass?
On the right side, you will see your grade on a scale of 1 to 100. To create this score, Website Grader evaluated your website content, SEO rankings, promotional strategies and conversion techniques. It looks at 17 key points to measure how good or bad your blog/website is, it also breaks each point down to make it easy and simple to optimize.
Let’s take a look at that now.
17 Key Points and Quick Fixes for SEOing your Website:
1. Blog Anaysis:Blogging is a great way to reach your target audience with your thoughts, opinions, and offerings on relevant topics.
Quick Fix: Start blogging and build your audience. Just get started and you will learn as you go.
2. Blog Grade:Your blog grade is based on a measurement of the traffic levels to your blog & the number and quality of links pointing at it.
Quick Fix: Content is KING, so create lots of it and spread it across the web using Ping.fm. Ping.fm is a simple and FREE service that allows you to update all of your social networks in one second.
3. Recent Blog Articles:These are the most recent articles posted on your website.
Quick Fix: This one is easy, start blogging…..
4. Indexed Pages:This number is the approximate number of pages on your website that are stored by search engines.
Quick Fix: In general the rule of thumb is more pages, more pages. Quantity is good, but quality is better.
5. Readability Level:This score measures the approximate level of education necessary to read and understand the web page content.
Quick Fix: Depending on your market, the content should be made to be simple so that a majority of the target audience can understand it.
6. MetaData:Metadata tags allow you to tell the search engines what your web page is about.
Quick Fix: You are allowed a maximum of 150 characters, so choose keywords related to the website page.
7. Heading Summary:Tags not only help human readers read the content, they also help search engine spiders better understand the content on a page and what is most important.
Quick Fix: This is the perfect place to have a lot of keywords in your heading (commonly known as the H1 tag) and subheadings (commonly known as H2 to H6 tags). Headings help the search engine spiders better understand the content on a page and figure out what is most important.
8. Image Summary:Images are a great way to enhance a website from a user’s perspective. Too many images however can slow load time of your site.
Quick Fix: Remove any unnecessary images or resize them to no more than 160×160 pixels. Make sure to include keywords in alt text, text around the image, image name and page title.
9. Interior Page Analysis:This evaluates other pages in your website, pages like About Us, Contact Us, etc.. This analysis can provide you with ideas to target specific keywords. What you see here is what visitors see when you come up in the search engines.
Quick Fix: Rework the title, the description and keep into consideration the main keywords of the page
10. Domain Info:This checks how long your site has been online and how long it is registered for. Search engines penalize websites that are not registered for over 1 year. The reason being is that many spam sites are often registered for short periods of time.
Quick Fix: Contact your domain name provider and renew your domain for an additional year.
11. MOZ Rank:MozRank is a 10-point measure of global link authority and popularity. It basically measures the link juice (ranking power) of both internal and external links.
Quick Fix: Linking is a two way street, encourage commenting and give credit where credit is due.
12. Linking Domains:One of the most important measures for a website is how many other sites link to it. The more sites you have linking to your own site, the better.
Quick Fix: Locate other websites in your niche, read their articles and post positive comments. Make
sure you add your name and website address and this will count as a link back to your website.
13. Del.icio.us Bookmarks:Del.icio.us is a social bookmarking site where users can save and share links.
Quick Fix: Create your own del.icio.us account and share your posts.
14. Link Tweet Summary:Tweets and retweets help drive traffic to the content that you have created.
Quick Fix: Twitter has a powerful social reach and if you share good content it is more likely to be retweeted. How to articles, reviews, tutorials and quotes are usually the most retweeted topics on Twitter.
15. Twitter Grade:An analysis of the influence and usefulness of your Twitter account.
Quick Fix: You can buy followers and quickly create the illusion that you’re important, but I wouldn’t recommend any shortcuts for creating a solid twitter profile. Connect with people on a daily basis and expand your network.
16. RSS Feed:RSS (Really Simple Syndication) is a standard way to easily deliver content to visitors after they’ve left your website but they’re still interested in your subject.
Quick Fix: Sign up for a Feedburner.com account and allow your RSS feed subscribers the ability to receive your regular updates.
17. Conversion Form:Conversion forms are the primary way to get leads from your website. Collect contact information from your visitors so that you can follow up with them later.
Quick Fix: You can choose from a number of contact form providers, the most popular companies being Constant Contact, Aweber, MailChimp, GetResponse, iContact . They all provide a free trial offer, so you have plenty of options available to you.
By following these quick fixes, you can literally improve your SEO rank overnight. Get started now, don’t expect to optimize your website once and then forget it. Yes, you will need to test various keywords and change things up every so often. Once you made some modifications, you can come back to Grader.com and reevaluate your website and see how your grade improves. SEO is a powerful marketing strategy and is a skill set worth learning and mastering.
Tag : SEO