- You have a product(s) or services, but sales are poor?
You heard that taking business online can increase your sales significantly?
Successful E-Commerce Website
This article gives you a strategy on how to develop a successful e-business.
- Find a business niche. If you don’t have a business yet and thinking of what field to choose, find a business niche that is, on the one hand, both popular and growing, and on the other hand - is not overfished. Use Google Trends to conduct the research.
- Perform Competitive Analysis. Find out who your top 5 competitors are and on which keywords and key-phrases they rank well in Google and other Search Engines (SE’s) by doing search on keywords that you think are most relevant to your business. Write down top 10 keywords of each competitor.
- Discover keywords that pay. Perform ontological analysis to expand your keyword list up to 100-150 phrases. Then, using Google keyword suggestion tool , enter all phrases from your expanded list, and find various synonyms and assosiated phrases. Among the phrases found, keep those which are both popular and, at the same time, underused. For details see my article on How to Discover Keywords that Pay.
- Write keyword-rich texts for your website using SEO copyrighting approach. If you can’t do it yourself, hire a copywriter at a freelance site, e.g. elance.com.
- Optimise titles and metatags. See my article about On-page optimisation.
- Perform deep interlinking. Interlinking means a way of linking to your inner pages and between them, and is a crucial part of a clever SEO strategy. See my article on interlinking.
- Build up quality backlinks. Get other authoritative and popular sites to link to you - the more, the better. Give preference to links from topical websites.
- Frequent and regular updates. Keep on updating you site regularly with interesting news and informative artciles. Keep expanding the range products/services by offering new quality products/services.
- Interaction and support. Make your site interactive so that users could communicated with you and with each other. Ensure that you have a professional support team which is both helpful and quick to reply.
- Continuing on-page optimisation, link building and Social Media Optimisation. Continue your SEO strategy employing more keywords and phrases that reflect changes in the market trends. Carry on your link buidling campaign. Add comments to popular blogs, post on social bookmarks and social networks. Write interesting articles on your subject and publish them at articles repositories.
- Regular reports and analysis. Unless you make regular reports and perfrom in-depth analysis of your SEO campaign and web-promotion in general, your success will be unstable or, even worse, may turn into failure. Make it a habit to do a weekly analysis of your accomplishments and defeats, write a complete report on your activities at least monthly.
Sounds too difficult?.. Well, there’s no such thing as a free lunch!
Having said that, I should let you in on a little secret – it’s doable!
Just keep on digging further into every step I gave above and, no doubt, you will succeed!
If you feel you need a little guidance, get a SEO consultant to guide you through the steps you find most difficult.
Yet anothyer way is to hire a SEO expert to do the SEO services for you.
I personally think that the former is a better option, as nobody knows and cares about your site like you do. Besides, it is also both cheaper than outsourcing SEO and what is more - you learn! So not only you are getting the job done, you are acquiring a highly demanded skill, and, who knows, maybe one day you will need it.
Tag : TIPS