Here’s another list of useful and interesting links I found while browsing the web over the past couple of weeks. If you are looking to boost your traffic or to learn more about promotion and SEO, you’ll like the links below.
1. How to fix these 100 blogging mistakes and build a successful blogVery useful article from the BloggingFever guys. It lists 100 blogging mistakes you should avoid, and I am sure you’ll find at least a couple that you are still making! Here’s a quotation:
Back in the high school, it is always a plus point that you can demonstrate complexity because it shows how intelligent you are.
But in the blogging world, this is not the case because the simpler you are, the wider your audience is.
If you had been writing super high tech articles just for intelligence like Albert Einstein to read, you probably ended up Zero visitors.
2. No Blog Traffic? Here’s a Simple Strategy to Get Your First 1000 VisitorsIf you are struggling to get visitors to your site, this post will help. The goal is to teach you how to attract your first 1000 visitors. The first 1000 are certainly the hardest. Here’s a quoation:
You need knowledge about blog traffic; otherwise you’d blindly follow the same opinions that have brought thousands of people to a crossroad. The obvious thing beginners do when they’re seeking for traffic is to publish a new post/article on their blogs daily.
Blogging itself is an integral part of content marketing. In other words, the two parts of growing a blog online is to write “content” as well as “market” the content.
3. 151 Blog Post Ideas Guaranteed to Blast Off Your BlogIf there is one thing I often hear website owners complain is that they are having a hard time coming up with ideas for new articles and new content. If you are in this position, then this post is for you. Here’s a quotation:
Where do blog post ideas come from, Google? Are they simply read off to us by some mysterious all-powerful being that has a list on hand? If that is true, then there could only be so many ideas before we run out.
While I don’t personally think that is the case, you would think it was with some of the movies that have been releasing lately (zing!). While Hollywood may not have the best ideas in the world, I know you do.
There are hundreds of blog ideas out there, but you don’t want someone to spoon feed you posts, no, you want inspiration!
4. What is SEO?Another mysterious and recurring topic for new webmasters and bloggers is SEO. They often wonder what changes they should apply to their sites and pages, what kind of content they should create to make both visitors and Google happy and so on. This post goes into quite detail to explain all the key SEO aspects, so check it out. Here’s a quotation:
When a keyword is searched for on a search engine, an algorithm that takes over 200 factors into consideration is used to query the database to find the best results. These algorithms are constantly being tested and improved so that the best results can appear in the search engine results page. In recent years, Google has created updates to fight spam and serve the best webpages possible. Some things that these updates focus on are duplicate content, paid links and using black hat techniques.
5. My Own InfographicLast week I received quite an unusual email. It was from a guy called Matthew, who said he had created an infographic about me. I thought he was joking, but he was not! Quite a smart strategy to get someone’s attention if you ask me!
Tag : Tips blogging